Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring! These 10 superfoods for men can be enjoyed on their own or mixed with other ingredients to provide excellent nutrition to the health conscious man. Also important, the foods are readily available at most supermarkets.
Here’s the list:
1. Green Tea. I know, I know, not much of a food, but this anti-oxidant powerhouse is easy to consume and typically includes over 100% your daily value of Vitamin C. The ancient tea also contains a healthy boost of caffeine, which can be great boost before a workout.
2. Broccoli. Another food rich in anti-oxidants, broccoli is a great way to add folic acid into your diet, which could help prevent heart disease.
3. Red Wine Vinegar. Next time you whip up a salad, skip the blue cheese dressing and opt for a healthier choice. Red wine vinegar contains flavonoids, which are thought to keep your arteries clear.
4. Whole grains. This one is simple but often overlooked. Lean cuts of meat are just fine, but don’t forget the whole grains and veggies too! Quinoa and oatmeal are both age-old recipes for health, as they can reduce the risk of heart disease by decreasing blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
5. Bananas. Simple and effective, bananas are rich in Potassium and V vitamins, which can help recovery after workouts and other activities.
6. Fish. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fish can be an important part of your diet, aiding in brain function and cardiovascular health. If you don’t want to eat fish, consider an omega-3 supplement, which can also help keep your skin healthy.
7. Soy. It doesn’t have to be tofu! Edamame can be a great way to enjoy the health benefits of soy in moderate portions. Soy contains isoflavones, which could help prevent prostate cancer, as well as healthy protein. Don’t over do it on the daily intake though – too much soy can have problematic results with certain people.
8. Oysters. Long thought to be a natural aphrodisiac, oysters also provide many vitamins and minerals. In particular, the high concentration of zinc found in the shellfish could help fight off infections.
9. Water. The simplest, and also one of the most important nutritional choices you can make is to drink enough water every day. This helps your body process all of the other nutrients, and also helps the rest of your body function properly, including your skin. 8 glasses a day, or 13 cups is typically adequate for an adult male.
10. Grapes and berries. These delicious little guys can improve digestion, kidney function, and many other areas of health, because they contain an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids. Healthy snacking at its finest!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Join our email list and get 10% off all orders